AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do you Query a Map Service in a Map Document?

Question asked by th1209 on Aug 14, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 18, 2014 by ebrimhall

Hi All -

I'm building an Add-in for ArcMap (using C# and ArcObjects) that provides a custom dialog with a textbox that expects a parcel APN number; entered by the user. If the APN is valid, zoom to the location.  When I began developing this tool I took a subset of my Map Service parcel data and created a gdb.

I got everything working and assumed...(wrongly)... that I could simply change the CLSID reference in the code from working with geodatabase layers to  MapServer sublayer.  As I stated, this was wrong. It now appears that I have an invalid cast. Can anyone suggest how I might be able to save most of this code without having to rewrite it to work with a map service? The map service supports the Query operation, I suspect the answer lies within IQuery. On the positive side, I have created a tool that will successfully close ArcMap...rather quickly too I might add.

<Add-in code snippet>

IMxDocument pMxDoc = ArcMap.Document;

pMap = pMxDoc.FocusMap;

IEnumLayer pEnumLayer = null;

// string LayerCLSID = "{E156D7E5-22AF-11D3-9F99-00C04F6BC78E}";

string LayerCLSID = "{B059B902-5C7A-4287-982E-EF0BC77C6AAB}"; // IMapServerSublayer

ESRI.ArcGIS.esriSystem.UID uid = new ESRI.ArcGIS.esriSystem.UIDClass();

uid.Value = LayerCLSID;

pEnumLayer = pMap.get_Layers(((ESRI.ArcGIS.esriSystem.UID)(uid)), true);

pEnumLayer.Reset();

ILayer layer = pEnumLayer.Next();

ILayer selLayer = null;

while (!(layer == null))

{

if (layer.Name == "Riverside Parcels")

{

selLayer = layer;

string sqlStatement = "APN = '" + textBox1.Text + "'";

IFeatureSelection fSelection = selLayer as IFeatureSelection; //  <= **** Invalid Cast? ****

IQueryFilter qFilter = new QueryFilterClass();

esriSelectionResultEnum selectionResult = new esriSelectionResultEnum();

qFilter.WhereClause = sqlStatement;

fSelection.SelectFeatures(qFilter,selectionResult,false);

}//closes if

layer = pEnumLayer.Next();

}//closes while

Thanks

Tom

Outcomes