Problems adding FMV toolbox

08-12-2014 03:18 PM
MatthewDeal1
New Contributor

I have installed the full motion video add-on, and it's working wonderfully.  However, I can't get the geoprocessing tools to show up when I try to add a toolbox.  I've followed the instructions in the template tutorial, but no matter what I try, the FMV toolbox just isn't showing up to be added to a new toolbox.  The geoprocessing toolbox install produces a folder called "bin" with a bunch of .dll files, as well as three .xml files with named the same as the geoprocessing tools.  However, I can't find the tools themselves to add to a toolbox. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
HiranZani2
New Contributor III

Try this:

After you run the .exe installer for the geoprocessing tools, the toolbox is added to the system tools list and you can get them from the Add Tool dialog box. To add them to your own toolbox:

1. In the ArcCatalog window, navigate to the Toolboxes folder. [or wherever you want the toolbox]

2. Right-click My Toolboxes, point to New, and click Toolbox.

3. Type a name for the new toolbox, such as “Full Motion Video” and press Enter.

4. Right-click the new toolbox and point to Add and click Tool.

5. In the Add Tool dialog box, check the Full Motion Video Tools toolbox, and click OK.