ArcGIS Open Data - save error

08-04-2014 04:05 PM
PatriciaRaimondo
New Contributor

When editing a configured Open Data website from Manage Sites through ArcGIS online, I get an error that fails to save my changes. I did not get this error when I initially configured the site, only when I go back in to edit and try to save. What am I missing?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Patricia,

I was curious as to what the error message you received precisely said?

Also, what type of edits were you making or trying to save at the time? Were you modifying using the wizard or code, creating widgets, etc.?

Best,

Aaron

C_EHoward
Occasional Contributor III

This started happening to me yesterday and I logged a support request about. At first, Esri staff could not replicate this error but tonight, my support analyst experienced the issue while on the phone with her. And another Esri staff witnessed my strange page behavior, so there is a problem. Intermittent it seems but if this is still happening months later (going by this post), this needs to be investigated and resolved.

i do not receive an error message- the error is that the changes do not stick. when i try and reload the page, I get a warning saying that there is unsaved data and do I really want to reload. Then, I get sent to a generic open data page and am logged out of AGO at that point.

I was modifying widgets w/text when I have problems, but it is not limited to only that. I tried creating a new site and tried when sites are private and public-- this behavior has been seen all places. Its like when I go to save, it does not think I am logged in and/or authorized to make changes, since I then get logged out when I reload the page.

It seems if the 'changes saved' and green check box do not appear after you press save, you cannot be certain your changes really save. That is at least how the page has behaved in the last 24-36 hours.