kmllayer.initialize() throwing exception for some kml layers

07-31-2014 01:46 AM
Labels (1)
HumzaAkhtar
Occasional Contributor II

i want to display the global gravity data which is in the form of Kml. the link to the file is given below:

ftp://topex.ucsd.edu/pub/global_grav_1min/global_grav.kmz‌

I wrote a small code using ARcGIS API for WPF and tried to initialize this kml file but I received this exception on running the code:

07/31/2014 13:37:39 | Fatal | App | Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACKTRACE:    at ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Toolkit.DataSources.KmlLayer.Refresh()

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Toolkit.DataSources.KmlLayer.Initialize()

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.GroupLayerBase.Initialize()

at ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Toolkit.DataSources.KmlLayer.backgroundWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler) | Object reference not set to an instance of an object. |  | Dispatcher.CatchExceptionStatic => Dispatcher.CatchException => App.App_DispatcherUnhandledException

As we can see that the exception is thrown by ArcGIS API internal functions. My code is given below:

var kmlLayer = new KmlLayer

{

Url = new Uri(@"D:\global_grav.kml", UriKind.Absolute),

ID = "Kml_Samples",

VisibleLayers = new[] { "*" },

};  // I downloaded the file and converted it to kml

kmlLayer.Initialize(); // this is where the exception is thrown.

Any ideas about what might be causing this behavior? Any help would be highly appreciated.  Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

You code looks to ok to me. Have you tried with some other sample kml files. Are you getting the same error?

0 Kudos