multiple rasters/iteration in model builder

08-10-2010 09:47 AM
ElizabethChristenson
New Contributor
I have about 100 time series raster files that I've put into a raster catalog.  I would like to apply the same set of processes on each individual raster by using spatial analyst's 'exp10' function as well as extracting specific values using a point file ( "extract values to points" function). 

However, I'm having a hard time defining the variable correctly and setting up the model (I'm fairly new to model builder).  How can I define a raster catalog as a variable as a series of values and then use this as an input for the tools I'm using on the raster catalog, such as "exp10" ?  Or, put another way, what is a way of running the same model on a handful of raster files?

Thanks for any direction you might have.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanSaul
New Contributor II
Make your input raster a model parameter. You can then call the model repeatedly by several methods:

1) use the new Iterate Rasters tool in ArcGIS 10 ModelBuilder
2) right click on the model, select "Batch" and fill in the parameter grid with your input rasters.
3) write a Python script to loop through reading a file of input rasters, calling the tool for each raster and passing the raster as the parameter argument.
0 Kudos
payalpatel
New Contributor

HAVE YOU GOT YOUR SOLUTION?

0 Kudos