Deploying the WebApps?

Jump to solution
07-18-2014 02:30 PM
EricPollard2
New Contributor III

I apologize as I am fairly new to app development.

I am trying to deploy an app I have created with the web app builder to an online web host (trying multiple, like BlueHost, etc.). I tried with the Beta 1 and now the Beta 2.  I have used the web app templates from ArcGIS Online in the past and just uploaded them to my web host and pointed my browser at the index.html file and the app will start right up. When I point to the index.html of the web apps built using this builder, it is always just stuck on the loading screen and goes nowhere. However, I can use the EXACT same app folder and put it in IIS on my local machine and it will work fine. So what do I need to do to host this app online using a hosting service?? Am I missing a step or something specific I need?

Thank you !

Eric

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eric,

Reading the comment it looks like you are suppose to replace the comment lines and the line I mentioned.

So remove the comments above and below what you changed in your env.js

So just have apiUrl = "//js.arcgis.com/3.10"; and delete the comment above it and below it.

NOTICE there is quotes either single or double around the api url (sorry I forgot the quotes in my last reply).

Robert

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eric,

I could probably help if you provide the URL to the app on one of those hosting services. I would just use a HTTP traffic util like fiddler and see what is not working right..

0 Kudos
EricPollard2
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Web Application

Above is the URL. I am getting the same result on any web server I use. I think most are linux based, do I need to be on a windows based web server for the web apps produced with the web apps builder?

Thanks !

Eric

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eric,

They have made some change in the Beta2 that has things out of wack. You will have to manually edit the env.js file and change the apiUrl variable:

////////Replace the following whole line when download the app, incluing the comment

//apiUrl=[POINT_TO_ARCGIS_API_FOR_JAVASCRIPT];

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

and make it:

////////Replace the following whole line when download the app, incluing the comment

apiUrl='//js.arcgis.com/3.10';

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This should take care of all your 400 errors in the Http traffic

0 Kudos
EricPollard2
New Contributor III

Thank you for the response! Unfortunately I replaced the line of code as shown above and it doesn't seem to have fixed the issue. Now I get the loading screen but no progress on the loading bar, it just sits there. Anything else I can try?

Thanks again for all the help!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eric,

Reading the comment it looks like you are suppose to replace the comment lines and the line I mentioned.

So remove the comments above and below what you changed in your env.js

So just have apiUrl = "//js.arcgis.com/3.10"; and delete the comment above it and below it.

NOTICE there is quotes either single or double around the api url (sorry I forgot the quotes in my last reply).

Robert

EricPollard2
New Contributor III

Robert - Thank you very much, that fixed the loading problem and the app now works!

Eric

0 Kudos