Issues with new basic application template

07-17-2014 07:08 AM
RickWeisbond
New Contributor III

I like the design of the new basic viewer app template and the configuration options included with it.  However, there are couple of issues preventing me from using it instead of the old version of the app.

1. The title/header bar does not expand enough to allow for a title longer than three or four words.
  2. Both the legend and layers list boxes do not display a scroll bar when needed to display all the data.  The bookmarks bar does show a scroll bar when needed.

Maybe I'm just missing some setting in the configuration.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Rick,

I'm currently at UC but can take a look at these next week and get back to you with more info. We did increase the amount of title text allowed - can you provide me with an example of a title you'd like to display so I can get an idea on the length?

0 Kudos
RickWeisbond
New Contributor III

The title is “Chester County Industrial & Business Parks”.  If I abbreviate County it fits.  The other issue with the scroll bars is more critical.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Hi Rick,

Just took a look at this and I am able to scroll both legend and layer when needed. I ran a quick test using Firefox and Chrome. Which browser are you using? Perhaps this is an issue with a particular web map? Do you have an example of an app where you can see the problem that is public? If so can you send the link?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Rick,

Ok I think I see the problem now. In my testing the content in legend and layers is scrollable but may not appear so because the scroll bar does not show in the panel. It is actually displayed outside the visible area of the panel so it doesn't provide a good visual indicator that the content can be scrolled. I'll create an issue in our bug tracking system and get this fixed for the next release of ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
sabinehennig
New Contributor II

Same problem over here !!
When do you think this "next release of ArcGIS Online" will be ?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Sabine,

I don't know the exact date of the next release but it will be in early fall.  In the meantime if you want to host the template on your web server I can send details on the fix.

0 Kudos
RickWeisbond
New Contributor III

Kelly,

I have viewed the app in chrome, firefox and internet explorer and cannot find the scroll bar for the legend or layers panel in either of the browsers.  The app is not yet ready to go public but I can create another app containing data that is already public and I will share that link when I have it.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Rick,

I was able to reproduce the issue and have a fix for the next release of ArcGIS Online. I updated the public github repository for this template to contain the fix so if you are able to  host the template on your web server you can download and use the fixed version now.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

If you want to install the template on your own web server I've update the github repository for the template with the fix for the scroll issue.

Esri/Viewer · GitHub