Can not connect to Portal for ArcGIS when Register Server

09-02-2013 07:16 PM
ChunjieXu
New Contributor II
Hi:

Did any succeed connect to Portal for ArcGIS when Register Server, I used the parameters as the pictures shows to connect to portal, I can register the portal, but can not validate it, the log shows the flowing error:

2013-09-03 11:09:04,766 | ERROR | qtp938495103-41  | DefaultPortalConnection          | 227 - com.esri.ges.framework.datastore.agsconnection-datastore - 10.2.0 | Could not authenticate to the Portal at http://cjnewpc.esrichina.com/arcgis/
javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27158[/ATTACH]

the Portal URL,username, password is OK because I can log in through the Web Browser.

Thanks and it would be grateful if anyone had done it.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III
I have not tried to even install Portal yet, but I have an idea.

In your picture, you have ArcGIS Online selected.  If you haven't tried this already, you could try changing that setting to ArcGIS Server.

Let us know if that works.

--Adam
0 Kudos
ChunjieXu
New Contributor II
Thanks you, arepher. I tried and it did not work, the log show the flowing error:

2013-09-03 20:50:01,986 | ERROR | qtp938495103-638 | RuntimeExceptionMapper           | 334 - com.esri.ges.rest.cxf-service - 10.2.0 | Caught exception with no message.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.io.StringReader.<init>(StringReader.java:50)[:1.7.0_17]
at org.codehaus.jackson.JsonFactory.createJsonParser(JsonFactory.java:636)
at org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper.readTree(ObjectMapper.java:1542)
at com.esri.ges.datastore.agsconnection.DefaultArcGISServerConnection.authenticate(DefaultArcGISServerConnection.java:1803)
at com.esri.ges.datastore.agsconnection.DefaultArcGISServerConnection.afterPropertiesSet(DefaultArcGISServerConnection.java:151)
at com.esri.ges.manager.datastore.agsconnection.internal.ArcGISServerConnectionManagerImpl.convertFromWrapper(ArcGISServerConnectionManagerImpl.java:97)
at com.esri.ges.manager.datastore.agsconnection.internal.ArcGISServerConnectionManagerImpl.registerArcGISServerConnection(ArcGISServerConnectionManagerImpl.java:139)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)[:1.7.0_17]
0 Kudos
JavierDelgadillo
Esri Contributor
Chunjie,

Based on the error message "javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated," it appears that the server you are trying to connect to is somehow causing a redirect to a page that uses https.

Is that the case?  Otherwise, there should not be any error message referencing SSLPeerUnverifiedException.

-Javier
0 Kudos
ChunjieXu
New Contributor II
Hi, Javier:

Thanks for your help, again.

Yes, the Portal for ArcGIS needs a https connection, and a certificate to connect. Currently I  connect the Portal from IE and firefox, with the certificate imported.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27218[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
JavierDelgadillo
Esri Contributor
Chunjie,

Using Firefox, export the certificate to a file.  Then use Java's keytool to import the certificate into the cacerts file used by GeoEvent Processor's JRE. 

On the machine where you're running GeoEvent Processor, do the following:
NOTE: GEP_INSTALL_DIR defaults to C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEventProcessor unless you changed the install location for Server.

1. cd <GEP_INSTALL_DIR>\jre\lib\security

2. <GEP_INSTALL_DIR>\jre\bin\keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias <ALIAS FOR YOUR CERT> -file <PATH TO FILE EXPORTED FROM FIREFOX> -keystore cacerts

3. When prompted for a password enter "changeit"

After restarting GeoEvent Processor, you should be able to connect to the site.

But I must warn you that Portal connections are not supported at 10.2.0.  So even if you can successfully create an https connection, you might not be able to register the connection to your portal.

Portal integration will be available in the next release of GeoEvent Processor.

-Javier
0 Kudos