Ownership-based access control for feature services has no Query option

02-14-2013 11:53 AM
DavidTreering
New Contributor II
I have a feature service that I want multiple people to use, but only be able to see their own features, the ones they create.

The documentation states this can be done:

[INDENT]When you publish the service and check the Feature Access capability, also check the property Enable ownership-based access control on features. You can then choose Operations allowed on features created by other users (Query, Update, and Delete) to specify the things that noncreators can do. The creator can perform all the operations allowed on the service in general.

Keep in mind that if you uncheck Query, the logged in user will only see features they created. Conversely, if Query is checked and Update and Delete are unchecked, the user can Query but will have read-only access to features owned by other users.[/INDENT]

However, there is NO Query checkbox in the Service Editor under Feature Access > Operations allowed on features created by other users.  Only Update and Delete.

The interface shows only enable, update or delete as parameters and has no isAllowOthersToQuery method.

Is there something I am missing or is this just in the documentation and not implemented?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanielHirner
New Contributor
I have the same problem. Did you ever find the "Query" check box for enabling ownership based editing?

Thanks,
Dan
0 Kudos
DavidTreering
New Contributor II
This turned out to be a bug fixed in ArcGIS 10.1 with Service Pack 1.  Upgrade and everything is fine.
0 Kudos