Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 1606 on Server Install

Jump to solution
01-04-2013 09:51 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
I am getting the attached error when trying to install ArcServer 10.1.  "Error 1606. Could not access network location NOT_INSTALLED\Lib\site-packages"

I am able to give a dir, un, etc then right after Computing space requirements i get the error.  Searching around it seems to be a registry Windows error.  But I can not find anything in there about it.  This is a brand new machine.  ArcGIS Desktop and the background 64 bit have been installed.  I am not installing over a network and do have admin rights.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20450[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BubbaHey
Deactivated User
I had that error also, but resolved it by installing 10.1 SP1  Service Pack 1 is the full product for Server.  Also look at this Microsoft
article:

Error message when you install a program: "Error 1606. Could not access network location <common administrative tools>. All users\"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315352

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
BubbaHey
Deactivated User
I had that error also, but resolved it by installing 10.1 SP1  Service Pack 1 is the full product for Server.  Also look at this Microsoft
article:

Error message when you install a program: "Error 1606. Could not access network location <common administrative tools>. All users\"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315352
0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
I had tried the registry MS thing a number of ways with no luck.

I was able to get a copy of the new 10.1 SP1 install and that worked!

Now if I can get the ports opened up..  Even with windows firewall off still no one can get in.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
JackCibor
Frequent Contributor
I installed 10.1 SP1 and still get this error. Has anyone else found suggestions for how to deal with this error?
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Deactivated User
Then I would try a clean uninstall/reinstall of server.  Rename or delete all ArCGIS and ESRI folders, and do the same in the registry. Then reinstall.
0 Kudos
KatieEvers
Emerging Contributor
I am having the same error!  Help!
0 Kudos
KatieEvers
Emerging Contributor
I worked with support yesterday and the resolution was to do an uninstall then install 10.1sp1.
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Deactivated User
I figured that was the route to go. Thanks!
0 Kudos
IgorStreltsov
Deactivated User
Deinstall  Desktop 10.1 SP1 Background GP. 64-bit Python will deinstalled also.
After that you will ba able to install ArcGIS 10.1 (SP1) without any errors.
0 Kudos
NateArnold
Frequent Contributor
Thanks, Bubba Hey!  This solution worked for me as well - I didn't realize the SP was the full installer.

Nate
0 Kudos