Query Widget filter expression issue

08-11-2015 06:59 AM
TerryGustafson
Occasional Contributor II

I'm using the query widget and wondering if anyone else has had issues with it.  I have a added a couple Query tasks.  The first one I selected Unique and ask for values.  and it works great.  When I try and "Add a filter expression"  I select Unique and it tells me its a required field. The first expression seemed to pull the data from the table but the second one does not..  HAs anyone else run into this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Terry,

Sorry your question is about as clear as mud.

0 Kudos
TerryGustafson

Sorry I will try and reword it.. I added a Query Widget to my application. The first thing I did was add a new query task which queries my on systems routes. Then I added a filter definition and selected the “Route” is and then the unique option. I checked the “Ask for values” box and entered the prompt and hint. This task works fine. When I try and perform this for my off systems routes I it returns the error “ this is a required field. Its almost like there are too many records for the app to handle. 47,000 records does not seem like a large list to build..

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Terry,

What does you browsers web console say?

0 Kudos
TerryGustafson

Sorry I’m not being clear.. It does not even get to the console as when I try and build the expression it does not work.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Terry,

The browsers web console is where error in ANY code gets displayed so if there is a error in the widgets configuration when choosing unique values then you can click F12 and look at the console tab in your browsers developer tools and there should be some error text shown there.

TerryGustafson

Ok, sorry I did not know it would return the error like that. It is indeed a timeout error so I assume there are too many records to return.

0 Kudos