Multiple widgets in one folder.

Jump to solution
09-10-2015 11:47 AM
TerryGustafson
Occasional Contributor II

I've looked around but have not found an answer yet.  So I have a collection of widgets in one folder.  I'm wondering if there is a way to set focus on the first widget and on lt have that one expanded when the folder is opened. So from the attached example my legend is the first widget.  I would like that one expanded but the others collapsed.  :Is this possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Terry,

There is nothing configurable for this but with some minor code changes you can achieve this.

1. Open your apps main config.json and find your "groups" array under the group you will find "widgets" array add "folded": true to the widgets you want folded at startup.

2. Open [install dir]\server\apps\[app num]\themes\FoldableTheme\panels\FoldablePanel\Panel.js and find the createFrame function. Add modify this block to add line 4.

frame = new FoldableWidgetFrame({
            label: widgetConfig.label,
            widgetManager: this.widgetManager,
            folded: widgetConfig.folded
          });

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Terry,

There is nothing configurable for this but with some minor code changes you can achieve this.

1. Open your apps main config.json and find your "groups" array under the group you will find "widgets" array add "folded": true to the widgets you want folded at startup.

2. Open [install dir]\server\apps\[app num]\themes\FoldableTheme\panels\FoldablePanel\Panel.js and find the createFrame function. Add modify this block to add line 4.

frame = new FoldableWidgetFrame({
            label: widgetConfig.label,
            widgetManager: this.widgetManager,
            folded: widgetConfig.folded
          });
TerryGustafson

Robert,

Is there a way to add scrolling to these panels?

Thanks,

Terry

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Terry,

No the panel would have to be redesigned/recoded for this.

TerryGustafson

One other question I had was when the map properties folder containing all the widgets is open the first widget which is the Legend is open which is perfect.  The problem is when I click on the arrow and minimize the legend and open another widget like Layer List I can't minimize layer list it until I open another widget.  Is there a setting for that?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nope sounds like a tech support call.