Import Web App from AGOL with widgets at v2.11 into Web App Builder for Developers v2.10?

Jump to solution
12-18-2018 07:40 AM
Labels (1)
GeneSipes1
New Contributor III

How can I import my Web App created with Web App Builder (within AGOL), that uses widgets at version 2.11, into Web App Builder for Developers version 2.10? I am trying to update the "Extra Data Sources" widgets with a new URL, by importing into Web App Builder for ArcGIS (developers). I was able to update the URLs of the web map feeding my web app by using the AGOL assistant, but this only fixes the widgets that reference the web map services directly, rather than the "extra data sources" filtered widgets. When I try to import my web app from AGOL into Web App Builder for Developers the log file states the following:

'Fail to import. Some widgets used in the app are newer version. App name:[Drainage Work Order Dashboard], widget: ZoomSlider,2.11\

And it goes on to list about 10 widgets that are at version 2.11.

I am a complete newbie to the Web App Builder for Developers. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Gene,

That is internal WAB code that has to do with infoGraphics. The only dataSource you need to update is in the main config.json file when you have an external datasource like this:

"dataSource": {
"dataSources": {
"external~3699703003536401": {
"type": "Features",
"isDynamic": false,
"label": "Crimes",
"url": "https://myserver/arcgis/rest/services/myservice/MapServer/0",
"filterByExtent": false,
"resultRecordType": "serviceLimitation",

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Gene,

You can not. You will have to wait for WAB Dev 2.11 to release in a couple of weeks if you need to import the app into WAB Dev. But you do Not need to import the app if all you need to do is update the Extra Data Sources" urls. Just open the config.json in a text editor and update the urls manually.

GeneSipes1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the information.

How do I access the json file? From within AGOL? I tried accessing through ArcGIS online assistant, but couldn’t find the URLs for those widgets.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Gene,

You can absolutely do this in AGOL assistant. When in AGOL Asst. you choose "I want to" : "View an items json" and then in the list of your content find the web app you are wanting to fix and in the right side of the screen will be: fist a description json, second a data json (this is where you will find the external data sources).

edit the layers urls to make them https.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos
GeneSipes1
New Contributor III

Actually, I was mistaken about what URL I updated. I looked for my extra data source widget and found this in the JSON

What is the significance DATA_SOURCE_FROM_FRAMEWORK?

Is this a variable for all of the layers in my app?

Also I will be sure to mark as correct. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Gene,

That is internal WAB code that has to do with infoGraphics. The only dataSource you need to update is in the main config.json file when you have an external datasource like this:

"external~3699703003536401": {
"type": "Features",
"isDynamic": false,
"label": "Crimes",
"url": "https://myserver/arcgis/rest/services/myservice/MapServer/0",
"filterByExtent": false,
"resultRecordType": "serviceLimitation",

0 Kudos
GeneSipes1
New Contributor III

Holy grail! I finally found it way down there in the JSON! Notice that the id number for the widget matches my previous screen shot. All I have to do is update this URL and it should work!

0 Kudos
GeneSipes1
New Contributor III

And it worked! Thanks!

0 Kudos