How to use spatial filters ?

08-13-2018 02:03 AM
Labels (1)
SaraEL_MALKI
Occasional Contributor II

Hi guys,

I am new to WAB, and tring to discover it

I have poped into the spatial filters, but something sounds missing for me !

look at the image:

It shows that you will get only the features that are intersecting with the layer that you choose,

BUT I want to get only that results that intersect with ONE ELEMENT in that feature layer, as example

I want to get all the supermarkets (supposing I have a feature layer called suppermarkets) (apply on them a query) and from the result of this query I want to get ONLY the elements that intersect a city called Barcelona (supposing I have a feature layer called cities)

any help please ?

ArcGIS Online Team

0 Kudos
8 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if this would work, but if you apply a filter to the cities first selecting/showing only Barcelona, and then perform the intersect with the supermarkets, would that yield the result?

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Another option is to use the custom eSearch widget. Doing a query for a city first and then switching to the by Spatial tab and and choosing intersects.

0 Kudos
SarrahEL_MALKI
New Contributor

Where I can find the custom eSearch widget ?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You can search for the eSearch and many other custom widget in this WAB custom widgets space that you are posting in right now.

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-1731-enhanced-search-widget-version-211-080116 

0 Kudos
SaraEL_MALKI

Thanks for the link,

but excuse my bad knowledge, can I create my own custom widgets and add them to my Portal without having to host the application on my web server ?

becaue I know there is a possibility to download the application, edit it and host it on my localhost, but I need to keep it hosted on Portal but at the same time have the ability to add custom widgets !

any links ?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sara,

If you have an on-premise Portal (not AGOL) then yes you can use custom widgets and not have to host the app locally.

SaraEL_MALKI

Actually I was happy with your last answer because it would be easy for me, then I searched a liitle bit on the forum and found a contradiction between your suggestion and Mr. Derek Law answer on that post:

https://community.esri.com/thread/121410 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus