How to get all map service records using the chart widget

06-15-2016 12:13 PM
JuliaGalindo
Occasional Contributor

Hello

I would like to kwon how to get all map service records when using the chart widget.

I have a feature service with 62,000 points. I created a web application using the Webapp Builder developer edition. I want to show in a chart information about the points (now 62,000 in future maybe more).  However, the widget is limited to the map service maxRecordCount, which is set to 1000.

I know I can change that value, but I do not want to because at some point the problem will be the same.  I would like to have in the chart the exact amount of records in the layer… I would like it to be dynamic, meaning that the widget get the total of points. I have to point out that the chart is linked to the points on the map….

Is it possible?

I have arcgis server 10.3

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Julia,

As you mentioned the number of records returned from your server follows the maxRecordCount, so if you do not increase this number then the chart widget will not be able to get any more data then that number, an obviously it is a bad idea to make the map service return 62K. So there is no real solution for what you are wanting. One possible way would be to create a new map service that does return 100K and ONLY use it for the Chart widget.

JuliaGalindo
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

Thank you very much, too bad for me, I have created another map service with only the chart widget´s data, still not a good solution..  any way thanks for your time!

0 Kudos