Select to view content in your preferred language

eSearch : URL Parameters not working with custom code

Jump to solution
10-14-2016 09:47 AM
BrianO_keefe
Honored Contributor

Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌ has created the eSearch widget. It has URL parameters. With this ability I can generate a URL that allows my clients / customers to visit a webmap that is cued up to exactly what I want them to see. Except I need to offer them a 'current year' URL and that wasn't an option with eSearch "out-of-the-box" so after working with Robert I was able to introduce some modified code that gave me what I wanted.

//now check if there is a url search to do
var myObject = this.getUrlParams();
if (myObject.esearch) {
 if(myObject.esearch === "curmonth"){
 var today = new Date();
 today.setDate(1);
 var thisMonthStr = this._formatDate(today.getTime(), 'yyyy/MM/dd');
 myObject.esearch = thisMonthStr + "~" + this._formatDate(new Date().getTime(), 'yyyy/MM/dd');
 console.info(myObject.esearch);
 }
 if(myObject.esearch === "curyear"){
 var today = new Date();
 today.setDate(1);
 var thisYearStr = this._formatDate(today.getTime(), 'yyyy');
 myObject.esearch = this._formatDate(Date(thisYearStr), 'yyyy');
 console.info(myObject.esearch);
 }
 if(this.config.layers[myObject.slayer].expressions.expression.length > 0){
 var valuesObj1 = lang.clone(this.config.layers[myObject.slayer].expressions.expression[myObject.exprnum].values.value);
 var values = myObject.esearch.split("|");
 array.forEach(values, lang.hitch(this, function(val, index){
 if (val.indexOf('~') > -1){
 var ranges = val.split("~");
 valuesObj1[index].valueObj.value1 = ranges[0];
 valuesObj1[index].valueObj.value2 = ranges[1];
 }else{
 valuesObj1[index].valueObj.value = val;
 }
 }));
 html.empty(this.textsearchlabel);
 html.place(html.toDom(this.config.layers[myObject.slayer].expressions.expression[myObject.exprnum].textsearchlabel), this.textsearchlabel);
 this.paramsDijit.build(valuesObj1, this.resultLayers[myObject.slayer], this.config.layers[myObject.slayer].url,
 this.config.layers[myObject.slayer].definitionexpression);
 this.selectLayerAttribute.set('value', myObject.slayer);
 on.once(this.paramsDijit, 'param-ready', lang.hitch(this, function () {
 this._queryFromURL(myObject.esearch, myObject.slayer, myObject.exprnum, myObject.close || false);
 }));
 }‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

This adds a 'Current Month' (curmonth) option and a 'Current Year' (curyear) option to the URL Parameters.

However, it just stopped working and I wonder if anyone has any ideas?

The map can be viewed at the custom URL: City of Tulsa, Tulsa Police Department, Methlabs Web Map  

This map is in our sandbox area so it won't be there once I get this figured out. But for now, I'm getting zilch returns on the custom URL.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianO_keefe
Honored Contributor

So it appears that if the query is based off of a unique field from a large dataset that has to take a moment to query, then the URL parameters don't work. at. all.

I set up "Pre-Defined" for the Year field, and put in each year, and it works fine... but when it was a Unique field and it had to query them all? It wouldn't work.

SO... it works now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrianO_keefe
Honored Contributor

So it appears that if the query is based off of a unique field from a large dataset that has to take a moment to query, then the URL parameters don't work. at. all.

I set up "Pre-Defined" for the Year field, and put in each year, and it works fine... but when it was a Unique field and it had to query them all? It wouldn't work.

SO... it works now.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

In the latest version I did some work for just such a use case ( I'm pretty sure). Where I wait until after the unique values are returned before executing the URL query. Also I built in the code that I worked with you on into the eSearch widget permanently. You can see the help page for details on the exact URL search parameter key word for date that were added.

BrianO_keefe
Honored Contributor

I started my first widget yesterday rscheitlin‌, so I'm hoping to start digging in and giving you a run for your money. lol

0 Kudos