Select to view content in your preferred language

Widget/Tool to generate report in PDF format

02-09-2017 10:43 AM
RogerF
by
Occasional Contributor

I have a feature service containing GPS locations of multiple vehicles with following attributes.

1. Vehicle ID

2. Driver Name
3. Lat
4. Long
5. Speed of a vehicle
6. Speed Limit
7. Over the Speed Limit
8. Date and Time

This information is stored in GeoEvent spatial data store (file based).

I need to create following report in PDF format for each vehicle based on based on date range provided as input

1. Vehicle ID
2. Driver Name
3. Total Distance Travelled (?)
4. Total Time 
5. Average Speed
6. Average over the Speed Limit

What is the best way to create this report ? Are there any out of the box widgets available in JavaScript or WAB to do this?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanielleFelder
New Contributor

Users on IT Central Station looking to generate reports in a PDF format often read reviews for Windward. This .Net Developer in particular notes in his review that he uses Windward for a similar use case. He writes, "It saves our time in designing reports. It creates better layouts and performance. We already have more than 20 templates. We output PDF and Word formats." You can read the rest of his review here

0 Kudos
MehdiAKHDAR_IDRISSI
New Contributor

Hello Roger,

Did you find a way to do what you want? i am looking for a way to do the same thing on WAB.

Thanks

0 Kudos
SumitZ
by
New Contributor III

You can use Report Dijit from WAB. For Example you can see Screening Widget, it is using this dijit to print the reports.

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/apps/uncategorized/creating-a-custom-widget-for-web-appbui...