Select to view content in your preferred language

What widget do you want most

08-05-2014 05:45 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I have been working on a few custom widgets for the Web App Builder, but I would like some input as to what widget/functionality people are wanting most.

The WAB has several great OTB widgets but what (realistic) widgets are missing and would be (in your opinion) great to have?

221 Replies
AwesomeEvan
Occasional Contributor

If it's not already available (I haven't located it yet) I'd like an imagery slider widget that will let you toggle historical imagery layers easily. This is common in many regional applications.

AlanMilroy
New Contributor

It would be nice to have a widget where you can enrich a list of location with values from multiple rasters, in the same way the Geo Lookup widget works. I have been looking for something similar to this with no luck.

0 Kudos
MartinVisarraga
New Contributor II

Robert,

Enhancements to the legend widget in WAB would be nice. Currently it has "Auto Update" and "Respect Current Map Scale", but it would be beneficial if it respected the current map extent as well, showing only features that occur within the data frame for that map. This functionality exists within desktop, but doesn't seem to have been applied by ESRI Online. 

0 Kudos
deleted-user-0W0-oLHxDjCX
Deactivated User

SummaryWidget responding via a drawing area (not the current extent).

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I Ezequias - I like the idea of this too, but I think that ESRI should be adding this functionality as part of widgets' standard development.

David

0 Kudos
Deactivated User

I didn't get you. What do you meant by saying "ESRI should be adding this functionality as part of widgets' standard development"?

Sincerely

Ezequias Rocha   

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I just mean that that functionality should come standard with the widget.  The ability to summarize within some drawn extent that works like the current 'Summarize Within' widget but allows output to a graphics collection instead of a feature layer that has to be stored in your AGOL content.  

But come to think of it, Robert's current eSearch widget is really already doing that as long as you have are returning your eSearch results as operational layer, numeric fields will return count, min, max, mean and sum values.

David

Deactivated User

Thanks for replying dcoley. I think that if Summarize Widget works with some graphic layer (like a fence or any polygon we can move over the map) would be amazing. 

0 Kudos
Dunn_Jeremy
New Contributor III

Morning Robert,

Is it possible for the Time Slider Widget to be honoured by the Summarize Widget ? I'm looking at the code but don't really know where to begin. 

When the Time Slider is on the pop up window honours the "Time Frame" but the Summarize Widget or Attribute Table widget does not. 

Any way around this ? 

Regards. 

Jeremy

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeremy,

It would take a good deal of work for this to happen.

0 Kudos