What widget do you want most

08-05-2014 05:45 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I have been working on a few custom widgets for the Web App Builder, but I would like some input as to what widget/functionality people are wanting most.

The WAB has several great OTB widgets but what (realistic) widgets are missing and would be (in your opinion) great to have?

221 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Wish I had access to the beta, I might be able to tell you then

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Did you not request access?..

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

I did, but I only have a free developer account. You need one of the paid accounts to be able to get access.

0 Kudos
RAVENELJulien
New Contributor

Hi Robert,

I use a lot of your Flex widgets.

Thanks a lot for your great job.

By order of preference for me :

1. Enhanced search widget

2. Identify widget

3. Enhanced Draw widget

4. Basemap Fader-Enhanced Map Switcher widget

5. Export Map widget

6. Google Street View widget

7. Enhanced Bookmark widget

8. Enhanced locate widget

JssrRR
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Robert,

Can we have a

1. Buffer a point widget that allows the user to put in a value for distance

and would be great if it can even select features within the buffer distance!!

Thanks.

JamesPierce
Occasional Contributor II

Yes, I would like this too.

0 Kudos
MichaelSu1
New Contributor

An interactive filter widget would be super useful. You can select a field, pull all values from the server, and let user select one and then dynamically generate a definition query and apply it.

Thanks

Mike

deleted-user-yA_w_FC9FKe5
New Contributor III

I like the idea of an interactive filter as well.  I thought that was going to be what the query filter was going to do.  I thought when it was asking for unique values that it was going to show the users a drop down box to choose what to query by.  It would be great if it did a multi select box.  So they could select five states to highlight.

I also saw the inbetween for value and thought it would allow users to select between two different values.  For example select all states where population was between 1,000,000 and 5,000,000.  Would be great if it created an inbetween slider

And to be super awesome it would be nice if it created its own layer that went into the data grid.  This would be the best feature ever!

Louis-JeanFaucher2
New Contributor II
0 Kudos