Web AppBuilder Developer Widget "White papers"?

Jump to solution
02-04-2020 04:44 PM
DanielSereno
New Contributor II

Aloha,

Please forgive me if this has already been asked, but I've searched "Widget Documentation" and "Widget White Paper" with no luck. I am fairly new to the under the hood workings of WAB Dev edition, or in other words, I know just enough to be dangerous and I may even be barking up the wrong tree, but here goes:

Pertaining to WAB for ArcGIS Javascript edition, is there any "documentation" that explains/defines/documents what each function does/is in the respective Widget.js files? Instead of scrolling through ~1777 lines of code to find my function of interest, I am wondering if there is any documentation that outlines the functions utilized by the various widgets.

The above question is the primary question for this post but more specifically I am looking to modify the NearMe widget. So, for example, which function controls (if there even is one) the "shape" (rounded corners, etc.) of the buffering tool?

Mahalo!
Dan Sereno

County of Maui Enterprise GIS

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Daniel,

No there is no such document. You just need to examine the code.

What do you mean by the "shape" (rounded corners, etc)? When you buffer in any esri product the buffer will have rounded corners.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Daniel,

No there is no such document. You just need to examine the code.

What do you mean by the "shape" (rounded corners, etc)? When you buffer in any esri product the buffer will have rounded corners.

DanielSereno
New Contributor II

Aloha Robert,

Thank you for the reply!

I had a feeling this may be the case, and I definitely want/will go through the code. But I am also in the habit of trying to not stretch projects out longer than they need to be, which is why I posted the question then went back to digging through the code. I need time in the code and figured my question definitely had an air ignorance, because of the lack of knowledge at this point, to it.

In reference to rounded buffer corners, I don't think I ever realized that you could only have rounded corners. I just assumed if you could make flat buffers for line features that you could do the same for polygon features. I will stop banging my head against that "locker", lol!

Anyway, I marked your answer as correct and thank you again for your time and willingness to answer this post.

Mahalo!
Dan Sereno

Count of Maui Enterprise GIS