Web AppBuilder custom widget - Editor 3d

Jump to solution
09-23-2020 12:46 PM
MichaelLev
Occasional Contributor III

I've converted code example Edit features in 3D with the Editor widget into "Edit 3D" custom widget code within Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition) 2.17

My widget works and I can add Slide or Swing items from the recreationLayer (as in the example).

My questions:

1. I want to test myself against same data as in esri example above. Currently I don't have ArcGIS online account, so my Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition) is connected to the company's ArcGIS online (my Web AppBuilder config.json has the line: "portalUrl": "https://<company-name>.maps.arcgis.com
    I try to see the example scene by pasting portal id "206a6a13162c4d9a95ea6a87abad2437" into the application config.json, but I get error that I have no basemap.
    Whan I have ArcGIS online account, how could I run the WAB app on the esri example data?
  2. In the example code, the recreationLayer is created by "new FeatureLayer( ... with url of some esri service. I want to understand - What does that service supply?
  3. What are the possible ways to save my modifications to the layers?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

You should get out of the habit of addressing your questions directly to me. There are others in the community that can and will answer question I just happen to be the most active. Also you should not have a question with multiple questions each time you post. When people look at your question and see that they have to invest time answering several questions they are less likely to provide any response.

1. How could I run the WAB app on the esri example data? You can see in that sample they (esri) has publicly shared scene with several 3D editable layers. You need the same (not exactly several editable layers but a scene with at least one editable layer).
  2. It is a feature service (an editable service). All feature services in AGOL are feature services vs a map service that can be published to an ArcGIS Server. But all feature services do not have editing turned on/allowed.
  3. A editable feature services and have the actions of update and/or add features enabled. This is how editing is accomplished and posted back to the feature service.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

You should get out of the habit of addressing your questions directly to me. There are others in the community that can and will answer question I just happen to be the most active. Also you should not have a question with multiple questions each time you post. When people look at your question and see that they have to invest time answering several questions they are less likely to provide any response.

1. How could I run the WAB app on the esri example data? You can see in that sample they (esri) has publicly shared scene with several 3D editable layers. You need the same (not exactly several editable layers but a scene with at least one editable layer).
  2. It is a feature service (an editable service). All feature services in AGOL are feature services vs a map service that can be published to an ArcGIS Server. But all feature services do not have editing turned on/allowed.
  3. A editable feature services and have the actions of update and/or add features enabled. This is how editing is accomplished and posted back to the feature service.
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

Hello  MichaelLev

Good day, how were able to convert the codes  example  of Edit features in 3D with the Editor widget into "Edit 3D" custom widget code within Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition) 2.17. I am trying to do same, but struggling. Kindly help asap. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos