WAB - Query Results - Redundant information

02-17-2017 01:19 AM
ThomasSteudel1
Occasional Contributor

Hi GeoNet Community,

i have a question concerning the WAB-Builder and the presentation of results of the Query-Widget.

Presently i am configuring a webapp which includes restaurants within a defined region. The restaurants offer different food so the user should have the opportunity to "filter" or "query" the restaurants by "type of food (e.g. Chineese, Turkish, Greek etc.).

So i configured a the query widget.

Now my problem:

If i query the layer, i always have the original layer (which is already there, when opening the WebApp).

But in my query results, i do not need the "base layer". I only want to see the layer with the query results (the same with the POPUPS).

I also tried the same with the "filter" widget. Without any success.

Here is the link to the WebApp:

ArcGIS Web Application 

Do you know a way (firstly without programming) to solve this? I only want to see the result of the query and not the layer which was configured in the webmap.

Thank you very much,

kind regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Thomas,

The Query widget does not care if the layer is already added to the map or not as it creates a new layer based on the results of the query. So the redundant data is by design. If you want to have a query change the existing layer then that is what the Filter widget is designed for. So that leads to the question, what do you mean by:

I also tried the same with the "filter" widget. Without any success.
0 Kudos
ThomasSteudel1
Occasional Contributor

Hello Robert,

maybe i forgot to mention something and what i mean "without any success". I did not use the "Filter Widget" because my resulting "query" layer should have flags as object icons. So within the "Query widget" i can configure the layer symbols for my resulting query objects. Unfortunately this is not possible within the Filter Widget. Is there a way, to get the result layer (filter widget) with a defined symbol? In my case country flags etc....

Thanks and beste regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Thomas,

Then what you are wanting is not available out of the box.

0 Kudos