User defined select query widget

Jump to solution
01-04-2018 09:01 AM
MarkCooper5
Occasional Contributor II

We are trying to recreate an application we have in GeoCortex and need to offer users at least the same level of functionality. One of the tools allowed users to effectively enter their own sql query by selecting the layer, fields and operators (effectively select by attributes). The only tools I can find in WAP require an administrator to set up all possible queries in advance - with about 50 layers, this is impossible!

We would also require a select by location tool.

Is there anything like this available on WAB? I have looked but cant find anything.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

There is no such widget available in WAB and no one has developed a custom widget for that either. Spatial queries are supported by the query widget and the eSearch widget.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

There is no such widget available in WAB and no one has developed a custom widget for that either. Spatial queries are supported by the query widget and the eSearch widget.

MarkCooper5
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Robert - I am surprised ESRI hasn't created such a widget as I would have thought it's something a lot of people use and is available in other competing products like GeoCortex. I just wish I had the development skills to do this!! I will submit is a an idea on here

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

Actually there is a very small demand for this type of widget in comparison to the overall user base. Web base web apps should not be geared to people with GIS experience. 

0 Kudos
AhmadSALEH1
Occasional Contributor III

I dont agree, I think its  important for every user to define his own query.

Thanks 

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You are in a small minority group when it comes to the overall user base (based on my years of watching the esri forums and now GeoNet).

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliams1
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you, Robert, the eSearch widget might work for me.

0 Kudos