Unique Value Error - Esearch

Jump to solution
10-26-2015 01:39 PM
MelissaMeneghetti
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

I am not sure if this may be a bug in the widget but when I try and access the unique values for a data layer that has many unique values present (i.e. over 100), in the 'Add Expression' dialogue the window just seems to spin on the 'Retrieving unique values' (see attached print screen). Have you encountered any other problems with this or is the number of unique values present a problem? Thanks

ConsoleCapture.JPG

SearchCapture.JPG

0 Kudos
13 Replies
MelissaMeneghetti
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert for the suggestion. I did what you suggested and called the field 'Pipe_ID'. I tested again and unfortunately it is still getting hung up on the unique values (just spins repeatedly). I tried this on another computer using another dataset with more than 100 records and get the same thing. I am using esearch version 1.2.0.3. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Melissa,

OK, now I see the issue is you are still using ArcGIS Server 10.11. My code is using orderByFields parameter in the query and there is a bug in ArcGIS Server 10.11 with this.  I would have to re-code some to check for old versions of server like this and if found not use the orderByFields parameter.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Melissa,

It is actually a one line fix in the code. If you open your apps [install dir]\\server\apps\[app #]\widgets\eSearch\PaginingQueryTask.js file and find these lines:

if (this.version >= 10.1) {

this.query.orderByFields = [this.fieldName];

}

And change it to:

if (this.version > 10.11) {

this.query.orderByFields = [this.fieldName];

}

You will be in business

MelissaMeneghetti
New Contributor III

Robert you are a wizard...this worked like a charm!! Thank you so much for working this out for me.