Sharing a variable between Widgets

Jump to solution
07-08-2015 05:36 AM
FlorianCADOZ
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry by advance for my question, I'm a beguiner with the Web App Builder for Developpers...

I have two different widget, one for visualisation and another for basics statistics. For each one, I use a query where the where clause is in a variable and I would like them to use the same where clause but I don't how to do for make them sharing this variable.

Thank you for your help !

0 Kudos
18 Replies
FlorianCADOZ
Occasional Contributor

Okay juste going from the basics :

In my Widget A (with whereClause Selector) I have :

define([
  'dojo/_base/declare',
  'dijit/_WidgetsInTemplateMixin',
  'jimu/BaseWidget',
function(
  declare,
  _WidgetsInTemplateMixin,
  BaseWidget,
return declare([
  BaseWidget,
  _WidgetsInTemplateMixin],{
     baseClass: 'blabla',
     name: 'blablabla',
     theWhereClause: '',
theSelectorFunction: function(){
     blablablablablabla
     theWhereClause = "DateSelected = '16/02/2015'";

And in the Widget B (where I want to use the whereClause value for another query) I have :

define([
  'dojo/_base/declare',
  'dijit/_WidgetsInTemplateMixin',
  'jimu/BaseWidget',
  'jimu/WidgetManager',
function(
  declare,
  _WidgetsInTemplateMixin,
  BaseWidget,
  WidgetManager,
return declare([
   BaseWidget,
  _WidgetsInTemplateMixin],{
     baseClass: 'blabla',
     name: 'ahahah',
onOpen: function(){
     var myWhereClause = WidgetManager.getInstance().getWidgetsByName('blablabla').theWhereClause;
     console.log(myWhereClause);
     console.log(theWhereClause);

And with that, myWhereClause return "undefined" and theWhereClause return "DateSelected = '16/02/2015'"

(the value selected with the widget A !) So now I don't understand what append...

0 Kudos
FlorianCADOZ
Occasional Contributor

sh*t my answer had a bug too ! Can you read easily what I writed or do you want me to re-edit this ?

(I don't know why but the end of my message is write in white)

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Florian,

OK, I see the result of console.log(theWhereClause);

I have to say that I have never seen the ability to get a widgets var by doing it that way from another widget...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Florian,

Not sure why you are not getting the value. Try adding this line to widgetB:

console.info(WidgetManager.getInstance().getWidgetsByName('blablabla'));

and see if you are actually getting the widget object.

0 Kudos
FlorianCADOZ
Occasional Contributor

ahahah I don't know if it is a good thing or not...

So that's why I ask this question, because this way seems to be the simplest one but I don't know if it can generate some problems...

And the console.info(WidgetManager.getInstance().getWidgetsByName('blablabla'));  gimme back a [] and nothing else...I don't know if it's good or not too ...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Florian,

I am so sorry. I forgot that widget manager returns an array when searching for a widget by name.  So the code should be:

query.where = WidgetManager.getInstance().getWidgetsByName('ToggleBasemap')[0].myWhereClause;

Yes I think that getting the myWhereClause the other way will be an issue.

FlorianCADOZ
Occasional Contributor

No problem, don't worry !

The WidgetManager.getInstance().getWidgetsByName('ToggleBasemap')[0].myWhereClause;  method don't gimme back anything ... It's juste blank in the console...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Florian,

Lets have you try to get a variable from a esri widget that is normally loaded with WAB to test then.

console.info(WidgetManager.getInstance().getWidgetsByName('Geocoder')[0].hardcodeRegExp);

The result should be: "/geocode(.){0,3}\.arcgis.com\/arcgis\/rest\/services\/World\/GeocodeServer/g"

0 Kudos
FlorianCADOZ
Occasional Contributor

Oh sorry I made a mistake into the code of my first widget, so now, it's ok for the .get.get(blablablah) syntaxe !

I call myWhereClause variable with .get.get() in the onOpen function so the whereclause is refreshed more or less each time I open my Widget B...and after it's going on I think... Not working well at this time, but it will be ok !

thank you for your help !

0 Kudos