Seach Widget Sources Pick List Issue - List disappears on My Nexus 6 device

2694
10
09-04-2015 02:04 PM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi this may be a better question for the regular WAB forum, but I finally got my beta version out on my web server at:

https://ags2.scgov.net/scgs

Everything is working well except the sources pick list from the search widget on a Motorola Nexus 6... After an initial selection of one of my search layers, the sources pick list the disappears (i.e renders off -screen above the search widget and under the header div).

Is there anywhere in its config or in the css where I can modifiy this behavior?  Or can anyone else try the app on thier device and tell me if they are seeing the same behavior?

Thanks-

David

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I should add some more info and a screen shot:  I'm using the basic foldable theme, middle layout.  Even in the emulator, it appears that the search menu still disappears under the header div:

iPhone6_SearchBeahvior.png

Looking closely at this iPhone 6 emulate, the menu has disappared up and under the header.  Again, if anyone knows where in a config, in the widget js or css that I can get at this behavior that would be great-

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I am also noticing that the default search return values of 6 doesn't seem to change no matter what value is appled in WAB dev. Any ideas?  Do I need to go into the widgets' js and modify at the stem?  Am the only one out there noticing this?  I've this up for 5 days now and not a single reply or view.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Esteemed Contributor

David,

   I can confirm your noted behavior issue on my iPhone 6. You need to contact tech support about this.

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Sorry for the frustration.  In my ..\server\apps\3\widgets\Search folder I went into the Widget.js and modified the config function at:

      _convertConfig: function(config) {
        var searchSouces = array.map(config.sources, lang.hitch(this, function(source) {
          if (source && source.url && source.type === 'locator') {
            return {
              locator: new Locator(source.url || ""),
              outFields: ["*"],
              singleLineFieldName: source.singleLineFieldName || "",
              name: source.name || "",
              placeholder: source.placeholder || "",
              countryCode: source.countryCode || "",
              maxResults: source.maxResults || 3 //6
            };
          } else if (source && source.url && source.type === 'query') {
            var flayer = new FeatureLayer(source.url || null, {
              outFields: ["*"]
            });
            var template = this._getInfoTemplate(flayer, source, source.displayField);
            return {
              featureLayer: flayer,
              outFields: ["*"],
              searchFields: source.searchFields.length > 0 ? source.searchFields : ["*"],
              displayField: source.displayField || "",
              exactMatch: !!source.exactMatch,
              name: source.name || "",
              placeholder: source.placeholder || "",
              maxResults: source.maxResults || 3,  //6,
              infoTemplate: template
            };
          } else {
            return {};
          }
        }));


        return searchSouces;
      },

at lines 11 and 26 to change maxResults.  I don't know why the value isn't reading from it's config.json.

testing now thanks

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

huh.  No effect.  After completely logging out and clearing any histories, same defualt behavior.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Esteemed Contributor

David,

  I don't think the maxResults property will have much to do with the improper calculation of the drop down list position.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Yes, you are correct.  I was grasping at straws, thinking that a longer list might impact position in terms of maybe a pixel resolution, but that doesn't make any sense either.  The same inconsistent behavior occurs with the emulators as well as on-devices . So I don't know.  It would appear that in addtion to list position behavior, maxResults isn't being honored either. I'll get a support request in

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Support ticket filed, I'll post back any findings