review and sort grid

12-15-2017 09:26 AM
Labels (1)
rajujee
New Contributor III

I am wondering how I could review(checkbox exclude a row), sort with a column using dojo dgrid. I am using web app builder and looking to extend widget. any sample code is appreciated!

I am using visual studio to make changes and deploy for testing. I assume I don't require to compile etc PLEASE confirm. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ram,

I am kind of confused by this question:

how I could review(checkbox exclude a row)

the WAB jimu library has a simpleTable dijit that will allow you to add a checkbox as a row column. dgrid is great but it may be a little heavy if your requirements are simple

Do you have a hard requirement for using dGrid?

Are you wanting the end user to sort the grid or is the sort to done just in code?

0 Kudos
rajujee
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert for your response. My response in italic. This editor doesn't have option of color

the WAB jimu library has a simpleTable dijit that will allow you to add a checkbox as a row column. dgrid is great but it may be a little heavy if your requirements are simple.

Could you provide examples please.

Do you have a hard requirement for using dGrid? Yes. I have user requirements to check rows. It is very similar how WAB- Attribute Widget. I need to select specified rows and export into CSV format. Could you share code which can be integrated within notification widget.

Are you wanting the end user to sort the grid or is the sort to done just in code? Yes. I have user requirements to sort fields (on a client side).

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ram,

•    The examples of using the jimu\simpleTable are found by looking at existing widgets, both OTB and custom widgets like Many of mine use the simpleTable dijit in their widgets settings pages.
  • I do not use the Notification widget so sorry I don't have any code to share for that.
  • You are really aiming high for your first widget. What you are wanting is pretty complicated and you will not find examples that you can just copy and paste.

Here is a JS Sample for use dgrid:

dgrid | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.23 

0 Kudos