Select to view content in your preferred language

"Load widget resource error" message when adding widget to app

09-19-2017 08:45 AM
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am developing a widget and have gotten to the point where I want to test its deployment before I start work on the Setting page. The app that it's currently in (id=2) works properly. However, when I create a new app and try to add it, I get the dreaded "Load widget resource error". There is no message in the console indicating where it is failing.

I am using the steps outlined here on setting up widget development using Yeoman and Grunt. Any changes to my code is synchronized with the directories C:\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\server\apps\2\widgets and C:\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\client\stemapp\widgets.

I have gone through all the functions in my code and commented out everything. I have done the same with the Widget.html page and the Setting.js and Setting.html pages. I still get the error when attempting to add it to a new project. If I click OK on the message, then OK on the Settings page, when I open the widget, I get the same error message and nothing in the console.

Where do I begin tracking down the problem with the widget?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That's the odd thing. The stemapp widgets folder contains everything that I expect to find there. Now it doesn't have the setting folder and it has the updates to the mainfest.json

I guess at this point, I'll try building the widget again and continually attempt to add it to an app to see if something breaks

0 Kudos