Programmatically Open Smart Editor

02-26-2021 08:55 AM
RobMcCulley
New Contributor III

I'm wondering if it's possible to open the Smart Editor widget programmatically, with a specific feature selected.

We're trying to build a custom interface to the Workforce data to create and edit work assignments.  What I'd like to do is create a custom widget that acts as a bridge between my asset feature services, and the workforce feature service.  The flow I see would be that a user can identify a specific asset, and see a link in the action bar, or a option in the 3 dot menu, that allows them to create a work assignment.  The custom widget would then take the geometry, and pertinent attributes from the selected feature, insert them into the assignments feature service, and then open the smart editor widget with the new feature selected.   

I know how to create a widget with the link on the action bar, or the menu item in the 3 dot menu, and I can insert the selected asset feature into the Assignments feature service with an xhr call to the rest interface (not sure this is the best way to handle this, but it's what I know), but I can't figure out how to select the new feature, and open the smart editor widget.

Tags (1)
0 Replies