predefined-apps

Jump to solution
05-28-2015 08:28 AM
JamesEyre
New Contributor II

I was wondering if there is any chance that future versions of the web app builder will allow for custom "predefined-apps". At the moment, we only have the possibility to change the <webapp builder install dir>\client\stemapp\predefined-apps\default\config.json file to change the way a new app is created. The problem with this is that you only have one default way of creating a new app.

I would like to see the ability to have several predefined apps, like this:

<webapp builder install dir>\client\stemapp\predefined-apps\project_x\config.json

<webapp builder install dir>\client\stemapp\predefined-apps\project_y\config.json

<webapp builder install dir>\client\stemapp\predefined-apps\project_z\config.json

Then when I create a new app in the webapp builder, I should be able to choose one of these predefined apps.

At the moment, it is only possible to choose "2D", which points to the <webapp builder install dir>\client\stemapp\predefined-apps\default\config.json file, and then there is the "3D" coming soon app. If we had the ability to define more predefined-apps, we should be able to choose them here in the "create new app" dialog.

Is this in the pipeline?

Cheers,

Jamie

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JunshanLiu
Occasional Contributor III

Hi James, the next developer edition will have this feature.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JunshanLiu
Occasional Contributor III

Hi James, the next developer edition will have this feature.

JamesEyre
New Contributor II

When will the next developer edition be released?

0 Kudos