Select to view content in your preferred language

Pictometry and Streetview

03-11-2015 12:50 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Updated post:

Here is my pictometry widget. It's just a way to open a link in a new window to your Pictometry.

Demo link ArcGIS Web Application

GitHub link to code:  kevinsagis/Pictometry-for-WebApp-Builder · GitHub

Per the Read Me I will look into building the option to put Pictometry imagery into the popup inline as well. I've already had success putting video and other stuff in popups so hopefully this won't be too bad. Note also the capability to use your organization's internal EFS viewer with this as well! We use this as well as the Connect Online on Pictometry's cloud.  Instructions for both of these implementations are below, including how to use the required php file.

Here's a Streetview widget that operates similarly:

Demo app link :  ArcGIS Web Application

GitHub link - kevinsagis/Streetview · GitHub

***Update 5/18: New update posted. You can directly enter your server URL in the WebApp Builder in the widget configuration setup. For now it's just the Pictometry Online Connect (IPA).  I will add the internal link field later today or tomorrow.  See the Read Me.txt included for the common URL path formatting for Pictometry. 

48 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adam, I hope to look in to this next week or even this week.

And I was going to post a link to my blog but you all beat me to it. Hehe.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adam GebhartCheryl Coley

Hi Adam & Cheryl,

I have now updated it.  It should work for any map projection. It takes map.spatialReference and converts to WGS84 which Pictometry wants to receive. Also some code formatting cleanup.

Test and report back. I was only able to test it in my site which is web mercator but with the new code and it worked.

CherylColey
New Contributor II

Hi Kevin,

I got it working.  I made a few modifications, I'll post them soon....just trying to find the time.  Thanks again for all the help.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheryl Coley​ great! I saw you forked it on GitHub although that was v 1.0.  Since then, I made it so all you have to do is type in your website domain in the config box when adding the widget in WAB Builder.  Also made the cursor icon nicer. Yes please do share any additions! I will integrate them into the main source if I can.  The last thing I was thinking of doing was adding an option for an inline popup view. 

Thanks!

Kevin

0 Kudos
AdamGebhart
Occasional Contributor III

@Kevin Macleod

I'm not having any luck yet.  The Pictometry widget will load and open (with your enhanced cursor) in WAB and , but the viewer window isn't opening when I click on my map.  I've had the same result after downloading my WAB app and putting it on our server too.  I've tried it with the previous .php file and update my api key, etc. in .php file included with the new version.  No luck though.

To clarify what I've done:

1) Downloaded new version of widget

2) Updated api key, secret key, etc. in the new ipa.php

3) ipa.php is in a folder called php on my web server

4) Removed old version of widget from my application in Developer Edition, then loaded new version

5) I've tried my php/ipa.php URL and without the php/ipa.php URL for the 'Set Server URL' entry.

Again, the widget opens but nothing happens on the map point click.  Here is the test site for the new widget.  Here is the test site for the old widget.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

hmm, not sure why... Hopefully someone else can test too.  All my services are GA st plane or web Mercator and it works there.

Yes to confirm, I see you installed the new widget on your new site Adam. The relevant code being below...Not sure why it isn't working.. maybe try creating a geometry service on your server and swap it out for ESRI's?

var EsrigeometryService = new GeometryService("http://tasks.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Geometry/GeometryServer");

map.setMapCursor("url(widgets/Pictometry/images/pictometryCursor.cur),auto");

handlerPictometry = map.on("click", function (evt) {

if (map.spatialReference.wkid === 102100 || map.spatialReference.wki === 3857 || map.spatialReference.wki === 102113) {
                         pt = esri.geometry.webMercatorToGeographic(evt.mapPoint);
                    var url = pictometryCloudURL + 'lat=' + pt.y + '&lon=' + pt.x;
                    window.open(url);

////here is where we convert //////////////////////////////////                  

} else {
                        //convert to Geographic from current map projection
                    var outSR = new esri.SpatialReference({
                            wkid: 4326
                        });
                        var inLat = evt.mapPoint.y;
                        var inLon = evt.mapPoint.x;
                        var inSR = map.spatialReference;
                        var inputpoint = new Point(inLon, inLat, inSR);
                        var PrjParams = new ProjectParameters();
                        PrjParams.geometries = [inputpoint];
                        PrjParams.outSR = outSR;
                        EsrigeometryService.project(PrjParams, function (outputpoint) {
                            pt = outputpoint[0];
                            var url = pictometryCloudURL + 'lat=' + pt.y + '&lon=' + pt.x;
                            window.open(url);
                        });

So try another geometry service and report back. What network traffic or console errors do you receive?

Thanks, we'll get to the bottom of this... Nice site so far too Adam.

AdamGebhart
Occasional Contributor III

Kevin MacLeod

Updating the geometry server did the trick!  I know I had tried that yesterday or last week after I noticed your comment on line 39 of widget.js, but apparently I did not get the correct path to my geometry server.  It's correct now though and working as it should.

Thanks again for putting this together and for your patience with my questions.  I really appreciate your help, as well as the compliment regarding our site.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Cheryl,

See below for the Connect Online IPA directions,

Kevin

0 Kudos
DouglasGuess
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kevin,

Great stuff!  Just wanted to check in and see where you're at with creating an inline popup widget.  I just got our IPA keys from our pictometry vendor so I'm looking into this process.

Doug

AndrewFarrar
Occasional Contributor

I love this widget and everything that Kevin and everyone else has done on it.  I was just looking at Pictometry's website this morning though, and their integrations page would suggest that they've developed a WAB widget of their own. 

http://www.eagleview.com/Products/Integrations/SoftwarePartnerIntegrations.aspx#Esri

This is the first I've heard of it, so I'm going to reach out to our rep to see what he can say about it.  Just curious if anyone else had any experience with it?