Location widget

Jump to solution
08-29-2016 08:26 AM
helenchu
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I'm looking for a widget that highlights the closest feature to where I am.  Is there one ?

I checked out eLocate  widget and look like it doesn't have that feature.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Helen,

No you are correct there is nothing out there that will take your GPS location and show you POIs near by. But a developer could tie the my Location widget to to the Near Me widget using a reverse geocode of the myLocation point to get an address to plug into the Near Me search dijit.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Helen,

That is exactly what the OTB Near Me widget does.

0 Kudos
helenchu

Robert,

I didn't see that feature with Near Me widget.  All I see is an address search option.  

I saw a request for enhancement:

* Allow user to use current detected location (if available) rather than searching an address or dropping a pin on the map Description of Enhancement: Provide an option to use the 'current detected".

Am I missing anything ?  Is the "detected location" already there and I just didn't configure the widget right ?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Helen,

No you are correct there is nothing out there that will take your GPS location and show you POIs near by. But a developer could tie the my Location widget to to the Near Me widget using a reverse geocode of the myLocation point to get an address to plug into the Near Me search dijit.

helenchu

Thanks Robert.

0 Kudos