Select to view content in your preferred language

In IE11, my pop-up order is not being honored and I'm being thrown a 'SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'parentNode' of undefined or null reference' error in the Console. Halp!

01-31-2018 09:07 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello!

So we built some custom pop-up behavior that honors the pop-up order in WAB 2.7. This works wonderfully in Chrome, Firefox, etc., but lo and behold, IE11 doesn't play nice.

Specifically, it does not honor the LayerList order as it is supposed to. When a pop-up is engaged, we get thrown an error in the console of:

"SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'parentNode' of undefined or null reference"

The Microsoft documentation doesn't help me so much: Object expected | Microsoft Docs 

Admittedly, I'm not a developer but have been named the de facto developer (yay...) so I'm not sure where to go from here. 

I saw in some forums that this is a solution (?): javascript - How to fix the IE issue 'parentNode' is null or not an object with Ext.js3.1.1? - Stack... 

I've attached a video showing the difference in behavior between Chrome & IE. In the app, I'm expecting to see the 'CECAP Active Projects Layer' return pop-ups first. After that, then streets. You'll notice in chrome this is correct -- in IE, not so much. 

I've also attached a URL so folks could download the application I'm working with in its current state if they want to see if they can get it working on their side / testing. All the services are internal to the City of Charlotte, so those won't work obviously, but if you swap out the Service URLs programmatically, this will work for y'all.

Any insight is appreciated!

http://maps.charlottenc.gov/static/PLAN/Public/CLTEX_13118.zip 

0 Kudos
0 Replies