Select to view content in your preferred language

Geoprocessing Widget help

Jump to solution
10-03-2016 08:24 AM
Labels (1)
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Geoprocessing Widget "hangs" if nothing is selected before hitting "Execute" button.

Sorry for cross-post, I'm not getting any response in the other forum https://community.esri.com/thread/183807-gp-widget-hangs

The current implementation is actually working just fine!  However, I am not sure where to look or if it's possible to make an adjustment in the GP widget itself to help alleviate this problem.  If the user doesn't select any features before hitting "Execute" on the widget, it seems to become unresponsive, however it does finally clear itself and returns to normal after a couple of minutes.

This behavior will confuse users who will be very click-happy and exclaim the application is broken.  I am hoping that there is a simple tweak I can apply to the widget itself to account for nothing being selected and perform a quick exit out of process.

This is the standard Geoprocessing widget that acquires a Feature Set (the selection) and uses that as an input parameter.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Can't wait to get to the office to implement this.  You are a superior community member, Robert.

Greatly appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Robert -- that definitely remedies the unresponsive behavior!

Slight difference is that my original js didn't include that last line:

is.exeNode, 'jimu-state-disabled');

If included it prohibits the widget from showing the draw/trashcan tools.  So I just did not include it.

Thanks again for all of your assistance!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

James,

Sorry that was a bit of code that should not has been in my clipboard when I pasted.

JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Not a problem at all.  Ezpz.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos