Select to view content in your preferred language

Filter in Operations Dashboard

03-21-2019 02:21 PM
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Is there an option to perform filtering the operations dashboard in dev edition of WAB or the AGOL operations dashboard? If not are there any custom tools out there? Looking for something along the lines of clicking on a button a name and the list and map would filter by that criteria. I know you can do this in a normal map with the filtering tool, but i want this in a dashboard.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joe,

> Is there an option to perform filtering the operations dashboard in dev edition of WAB or the AGOL operations dashboard? ... Looking for something along the lines of clicking on a button a name and the list and map would filter by that criteria. 

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS has filtering capabilities included. You can use Actions and Selectors to enable this functionality.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

When I say the ops dashboard in WAB, I'm referring to the theme provided. How does this differ from the AGOL ops dashboard?

Can all items possible in a dashboard be filtered such as lists, etc?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out on business travel in recent weeks.

In your original post, you said:

> Is there an option to perform filtering the operations dashboard in dev edition of WAB or the AGOL operations dashboard?

So I thought you were asking if filtering was possible in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS with the dashboard theme, or in Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS. So I replied by confirming that it is possible in Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS.

> How does this differ from the AGOL ops dashboard?

These are 2 separate and different apps. Please see this blog,

Top 5 Questions about Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS & Esri Dev Summit report

(see question 3)

> Can all items possible in a dashboard be filtered such as lists, etc?

Please see this Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS help topic, Actions—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS - it has a table which lists all the possible filters that can be applied and on which elements.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos