Feature Hover widget?

Jump to solution
04-22-2019 07:12 AM
MarquesMunson1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am new to WAB and I would like to know if there is a widget that allows a feature hover that allows the user to see a a feature highlighted when hovering over a feature with the mouse.

For example: A world map and when a user hovers over a country, the entire boundary is highlighted and/or outlined.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

This may be of interest to you. It is a widget that will show the layers info window (popup) when you hover over the layer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MarquesMunson1
Occasional Contributor

I have found the Javascript code for the feature hover layer (https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/3/jssamples/fl_hover.html). Can this somehow be added to WAB??

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

This may be of interest to you. It is a widget that will show the layers info window (popup) when you hover over the layer.

0 Kudos
MarquesMunson1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for sending the zip file. I have downloaded and extracted to the widgets folder. Unfortunately for some reason WAB is not showing the new widget.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Marques,

Did you add the widget to the stemapp widgets folder (i.e. C:\web-appbuilder-2.11\client\stemapp\widgets\FLHover)?

Did you try closing WAB startup.bat command prompt window and restarting WAB?

Here is what it looks like:

0 Kudos
MarquesMunson1
Occasional Contributor

Yes, that is the steps I have followed. I downloaded the Identify widget and that works perfectly. I will remove the FL Hover widget folder, redownload the zip file and close WAB completely and restart.

0 Kudos
MarquesMunson1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert, It seems as though it DID work. I was looking for "FLHover" in the widgets tab but it is listed as "Feature Layer Hover." I just needed to look more closely!

HillaryBjorstrom
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to set the config to have more than 1 feature layer. Thanks!

{
  "layerId": "FEATURELAYER_3931",
  "layerId": "FEATURELAYER_3932",
}
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Currently no

0 Kudos
HillaryBjorstrom
Occasional Contributor

thanks for the quick reply.