Extract Data Task - Download full extent of data in Web App Builder

Jump to solution
06-23-2020 07:57 PM
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

I've created a Geoprocessing Service using the Extract Data Task: Extract Data Task—Help | Documentation 

I ran the tool successfully and published the tool to our ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 environment.

I've added a GP Widget to my Web AppBuilder App (using Developer Edition) and pointed it to the Extract Data GP Service. I would like to have the widget automatically download the entirety of the selected layers, rather that the user draw a bounding box or use the map extent. The user should select which layers they want to download and it will download the full extent of each layer.

Currently these are my options:

Is there an existing widget with this functionality? Or is this creeping into custom development territory?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Have you tried using the Analysis widget and selecting the Extract Data option?

Mark

Regards,
Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Have you tried using the Analysis widget and selecting the Extract Data option?

Mark

Regards,
Mark
0 Kudos
tigerwoulds

Yes, tried that but unfortunately that wont work for us. This webmap will be used by external clients so we don't want to point them our GIS Portal. Using the Extract Data GP Service, when they execute the widget, it will automatically download a zip file.

0 Kudos
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

From my understanding, under the hood the Extract Data option of the Analysis widget uses the same Extract Data service that you are attempting to use in the GP widget.

So are you planning to use the service endpoint on ArcGIS Online if you are not exposing your ArcGIS Enterprise endpoints?

If so, be aware that the analysis service consumes credits.

In any case, I'm not sure it is going to be a great user experience using the GP widget with the Extract Data endpoint. The tool's parameters are not very friendly to the end user.

To get what you want, you may have to create your own widget as I couldn't find anything in the community widgets:

Web AppBuilder Custom Widgets 

Mark

Regards,
Mark
0 Kudos
tigerwoulds

I am using the GP service endpoint in Web App Builder Dev Edition. Web App Builder is pulling maps from our Enterprise Portal, so no worries about credits. Thanks for your input will see if I can figure that out!

Thanks

0 Kudos
dedimi
by
New Contributor III

Hi Mark,

I'm using Analysis Widget and selecting the Extract Data tools as follow:

dedimi_0-1654068024933.png

However, now I get stuck on how to insert 'Save result in' field as there is no option to be selected and tried to input free text also not working.

Please help to advise. I'm using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 version.

Thanks.

Dedi

0 Kudos