Select to view content in your preferred language

Exclude Layer from Legend Widget

04-14-2015 03:00 PM
MichaelPotter1
New Contributor III

Hi there,

Does anyone happen to know if there is currently a way to exclude specific layers from the Legend Widget?

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
22 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Stan,

Yes sublayer hiding does not work. You may want to log and enhancement request with tech support.

StanMcShinsky
Regular Contributor

The reason why I think this may be useful is because I have had to add multiple layers of the same feature class just for symbology purposes. I would just want the main layer to show and not all the other ones.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Stan,

OK, I will begin on this enhancement and make sure I warn users in the settings dialog that it will remove the layer from the Layer List Widget and the Legend Widget.

MarkGambordella
New Contributor III

Did you ever find a solution.  I have a similar issue.  need to hide repetitive layers in legend. they are not sub feature layers and the show in legend has been turned off in map view.  any help would be great.  

0 Kudos
MichaelPotter1
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

I would like to have it shown on the map but I do not want it in the Legend.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

I have an enhancement in mind for the Local Layer Widget but it would hide the layer from the Layer List Widget as well as the Legend widget. That would mean that you could not turn the layer on or off at runtime due to it not appearing in the Layer List widget.

MichaelPotter1
New Contributor III

Robert,

This enhancement could be useful for me in certain situations but I am still looking for a solution to not showing the layer in the Legend widget while still including the layer in the Layer List widget .

For example, I have an Imagery tiled service which I would like my users to be able to turn off and on but I would rather not show this in the Legend widget as it is not needed to be shown there.

Your enhancements are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Michael

ChadRicks
New Contributor III

Robert,

Hiding certain layers and sublayers from the layer list and the legend is just what I need. Right now using the local layer widget with a custom print template service the legend on the map is too cluttered. Are you still working on this enhancement or is it available since this was a couple months ago. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chad,

Unfortunately I have not had any time to invest in enhancements for the Local Layer widget. It is on a long list of things to do when I get free time.

CharlesBailey3
Occasional Contributor II

Can I reprise this thread? I am having similar issues with a layer showing up in the legend of the print export from a WAB custom app, even though in the web map it's based on this layer is hidden in the legend. It does not show up in the legend of the web map, or in the legend widget in the app, but prints in the layout just the same. As said above it seems like the print service is not honoring the setting in the web map. Thoughts?

0 Kudos