eSearch widget customization

Jump to solution
02-04-2016 12:21 PM
RudoDuncan
New Contributor II

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

Ok I changed the code where every instance was esearch and made it cfssearch. I have a widget folder called 'cfsSearch)

Issue 1: I get an error when I try to open the widget after I have made it button 1.

Capture.JPG

Issue 2: When I add the widget a different button position it works.

Capture3.JPGCapture2.JPG

Issue 3:

I typed in over 500 Radio codes in the predefined option for the Radio Code field and the Final Radio Code field has the same values. I went to the config.json and copied the values to the Final Radio Code values and saved. When I then tried testing it it did not work. It seems like my biggest problem is finding the cfsSearch widget folder. Something is not getting read, do you have any ideas on how to make it find the widget folder and add my modifications to the widget?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rudo,

I was not saying that you are using an old version of the eSearch I was saying you are using version 1.2 of WAB even though 1.3 has been available for some time.

0 Kudos
RudoDuncan
New Contributor II

Ok, I will upgrade. FYI it's still not reading the widget.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rudo,

I am not sure what you are doing wrong then. I added the widget to WAB on my end after making may changes it work fine for me.

0 Kudos
RudoDuncan
New Contributor II

Hey Robert I switched to 1.3 and it's finding it with no problem.

When you took out that space it seems that it is forcing the user to select something in that field.

Additionally, when I add the space back and refreshed the browser, my changes did not update. So I decided to created another map, then my changes to the config.json was there. Each time I made a change to the code, I had to CREATE NEW to get my widget to reflect my changes.

I noticed when I created a new app the command console does a debugging for the new application and that seems to refresh everything. Should I have to do this every time?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rudo,

Are you manually making the changes to the json file or are you using the UI?

0 Kudos
RudoDuncan
New Contributor II

I am making some changes manually.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rudo,

In that case it sounds like to are still trying to make the changes in the widgets config.json file under the cfsSearch folder and that is not the file that the app is actually using anymore. When you create a app if copies the config.json file from the widgets folder and places it under [install dir]\apps\[App #]\configs\cfsSearch\config_cfsSearch.json and that is the file that is used, Not the config.json file anymore. Hope I made this clearer this time.