Select to view content in your preferred language

eSearch - Save Settings

05-30-2018 04:55 PM
RodWoodfordOld
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Would it be possible as an enhancement to allow administrators to save search configuration settings and make them not activate or activate (maybe a tick box option in the Settings/Search Title display) for use in different apps. This would provide an efficiency in terms of rebuilding the same search parameters in different apps. See example below. I hope you get my logic and this is possible?

App 1

Property Search - Active

Land Search - Active

Animal Search - Active

Rate Search - Not Active

Etc

App 2

Property Search - Active

Land Search - Active

Animal Search - Not Active

Rate Search - Active

Etc

Also as a side question will all your apps current run in version 2.8?

cheers

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rod,

I don't see a high demand for that at this time. As for all my widget working in 2.8 the answer is yes.

0 Kudos
RodWoodfordOld

Thanks for the prompt reply. Is it possible to comment out the relevant searches in the code? If so which files need changing.

cheers

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rod,

No commenting inside JSON is not allowed and considered invalid JSON.

RodWoodfordOld

No problem, hopefully you will consider it for a future enhancement. Would certainly reduce overheads.

cheers

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rod,

One thing I can think of right now is you configure all your layers once  and save the eSearch configuration. Then copy the apps/configs/eSearch/config__x.json file to your file system anywhere and rename it to config.json and then copy and paste it into your WABs client/stemapp/widgets/eSearch folder overwriting the default one. Now when you start a new app the eSearch will have all your layers automatically and you just remove the ones you don't want for that app.