Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced Search widget won't zoom automatically

09-23-2015 12:45 PM
JosieBock2
New Contributor

I have loaded the eSearch widget in my webapp builder project mainly for the ability to pass the search parameter of a specific parcel to the application. Overall the widget works great. It queries the parcel number in the URL, finds it, and highlights it, but it doesn't zoom to it automatically. I have to click on the result or ZoomAll to get the app to zoom to the parcel. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere to make it query and then zoom to selected?

Thanks,

Josie

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Josie,

You can see that the Live Preview Site does this just fine:  Live Preview Site

Do you have "Auto zoom to search results" checked in the widgets config UI?

0 Kudos
JosieBock2
New Contributor

Yes, I saw the live preview site, and thought that functionality was really cool. Mine will find the results and then just sit there. And, yes, I have the Auto zoom to search results checked.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Josie,

Strange... Does your browsers web console list any errors?

0 Kudos
JosieBock2
New Contributor

When I load the app with a ?esearch=110623003029001000 at the end of my url and then I Inspect Element (within Chrome) these are the issues I see that are called out.

jimu.js init...

init.js:154 The XMLHttpRequest progress event property 'position' is deprecated. Please use 'loaded' instead.

ConfigManager.js:112 Load Config: 671.629ms

ConfigManager.js:140 Switch to desktop mode.

essentiallygisdata.com/:1 XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://countyserver.gov/arcgis/rest/info?f=json. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://myserver.com:3350' is therefore not allowed access.

:3350/webappbuilder/apps/2/jimu.js/MapManager.js:207 Load Map: 565.177ms

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Josie,

OK I don't see any issues there.

1. Have you configured it to add as an operational layer?
  2. Have you configured it to open the attribute table widget?
0 Kudos
JosieBock2
New Contributor

No, should I?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

No just narrowing things down.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Josie,

1. Does your search take a long time to complete?
  2. Is your site public for me to test?
0 Kudos
JosieBock2
New Contributor

No, the search is complete within a few seconds. At this time, no it isn't public for testing, unfortunately. I'll see if I can get it pushed out live and I'll send you the link to test.

0 Kudos