Enhanced Basemap Thumbnails issue

Jump to solution
04-19-2016 12:19 AM
TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

I am using the Enhanced Basemap Widget with Web AppBuilder Developer Edition 2.0 in Firefox (also testing in IE 10)

It works good, except that the basemap thumbnail is not visible when I launch the app.

I have created jpegs (18kb and 13kb), 400x400 as that was what I prompted to make. The jpegs are saved under:

client\stemapp\widgets\eBasemapGallery\images

and also

server\apps\6\widgets\eBasemapGallery\images

I have attached a screenshot of what I am seeing after launch.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

I have finally figured out this issue and it will be fixed in the 2.0.1 version of the widget.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

Please Zip and attach your server\apps\6\configs\eBasemapGallery\config_Enhanced Basemap Gallery.json file for review.

FlorianCADOZ
Occasional Contributor

Hie Tim !

First, you should try to check the path of the config's file of your widget in the main config.json, and after check the path of the images in the config.json of the widget.

Then, try to change the path and config's name without space.

0 Kudos
TimHayes1

No spaces, Florian. Thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

Spaces is not normally the issue. The issue sometimes is that the wrong path is saved in the json. That is why I am asking to see yours.

FlorianCADOZ
Occasional Contributor

Everyone,

I've noticed that the issue is always a path's problem, Robert is right, but often this is because of the spaces or the "-" that are misinterpreted ! 😃

0 Kudos
TimHayes1

I just started a new thread with the file attached. I could not figure out how to attach a file in a reply inside an existing thread.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

Are the thumbnails showing up in WAB developer and not when you deploy the app?

0 Kudos
TimHayes1

The thumbnails are not showing up in WAB Developer at Launch or when I deploy it to my local server machine.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

I have finally figured out this issue and it will be fixed in the 2.0.1 version of the widget.