eDraw widget

Jump to solution
02-24-2015 01:17 AM
JeremieCornet1
Occasional Contributor II

Ehanced draw widget for WebApp Builder for Arcgis

UPDATE 2018/05/09 (new Release v2.8.1) :

• refactoring
  • use esri/geometry/projection (available since esri js api 3.24) instead of proj4js (external libs)
  • systematic use of geometry engine (no more mercator utils, geometry server...)
  • for polyline, the user can now add an arrow (available since esri js api 3.23)
  • live measure while drawing
  • WARNING : this release needs Esri API >= 3.24

Release 2.8.1 on Github 

(Direct zip link : https://github.com/magis-nc/esri-webappbuilder-widget-eDraw/releases/download/v2.8.1/eDraw.zip )

Demo : https://apps.magis.nc/demo/eDraw/ 

Github  :

https://github.com/magis-nc/esri-webappbuilder-widget-eDraw

Wigdet's Features (improvments of standard Draw widget) :

• add name and description fields on drawings
  • enable infowindow on drawings (selection)
  • on text drawing, no insert if no name.
  • on modification : enable geometry update (with snapping if wanted : CTRL) and preview symbology changes on the fly
  • list
    • add list of all drawings
    • actions on each drawing : modify / delete / [up / down] / zoom
    • all drawings : zoom, copy, delete, export
    • on drawing infowindow -> select drawing in list
    • on zoom on a drawing -> select drawing on map (and show infoWindow)
    • re-order graphics with drag&drop
  • import/export : allow users to export or import drawings (json format)
    • import can be done with file drag&drop in import popup
  • localStorage
    • dynamic saving on each drawing add/delete/update
    • on widget load : load drawings saved in local Storage
  • draws plus (initially from Larry Stout https://geonet.esri.com/people/Larry_Stout)
    • preview under mouse when adding text or point
    • for text, add font choice, font angle, bold, italic, placement and underline options.
    • add arrow menu for polyline
  • checkbox to hide drawing's layer (and therefore widget UI)
  • add of Nautical unit
  • measure's for points/polylines/polygons with automatic update on element's update (or delete). Measure's can be indidualy disabled/enabled on any graphic.
  • "On the fly" measure when drawing
  • defaults symbols can be specified in config's file
  • use of builtin projection engine (available since esri js api 3.24) instead of proj4js library

This message was updated by Jeremie Cornet (New Release)

250 Replies
JeremieCornet1

Hi Kevin MacLeod‌, you must have a defaultSymbols -> MeasureSymbol defined in your widget's configuration

esri-webappbuilder-widget-eDraw/config.json at master · magis-nc/esri-webappbuilder-widget-eDraw · G... 

I will package a release in the next days.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, I sure do. Cool. Got it, thanks again! Maybe I will see you soon at dev conf.  

0 Kudos
BenjaminCumberland
New Contributor III

If I enter a Point down and change the symbology to it, then go to Edit that Point, the symbology appears to keep choosing the Default Point Symbol instead of the chosen/correct symbology. All of the other geometry types correctly show the symbols, but not Point. Anyone come up with a fix for this, yet?

0 Kudos
BenjaminCumberland
New Contributor III

Nevermind, I figured out it had to do with these two lines:

this.editorSymbolChooser.showBySymbol(symbol);

this.editorSymbolChooser.showByType(this.editorSymbolChooser.type);

JhonnyGutierrez
New Contributor

hi,

I have the same problem, what did you do with the lines?

0 Kudos
AlexSanders2
New Contributor II

I have added the eDraw widget to the latest release of WAB 2.11 and noticed a bug. The widget is no longer allowing me to save any changes I make to an existing drawing.

I create a new drawing, go to my Drawing List screen, click the pencil button to edit/update the drawing, move the vertices, but when I go to click the save button, nothing happens. I can click the "reset" button and it will reset the drawing back to the original and I can click the "cancel" button and it will bring me back to the Drawing List screen.

Is anyone experiencing this issue?

0 Kudos
JeremieCornet1

Hi Alex,

I can reproduce the bug.

I have to create a new release after full tests because my last commits may introduce some errors in differents backgrounds (than my dev environnement).

You can update the code with this modification (#fix no update possible · magis-nc/esri-webappbuilder-widget-eDraw@ede39f8 · GitHub ), meanwhile i am making a new release.

AlexSanders2
New Contributor II

That fixed the issue, thank you so much Jeremie!

0 Kudos
JeremieCornet1

Hi Benjamin Cumberland‌,

I will investigate this issue. It may be because of the multiple categories of style.

Do you reproduce the issue when using a symbol from the first category (base) ?

0 Kudos
AmandaBentley
New Contributor

Hi. New here. I've downloaded the eDraw widget and put the folder into the WebAppBuilderForArcGIS widget folder. How do I make it show up when adding a widget into AGOL app builder? I'm new to all this, so appreciate the help.

0 Kudos