Dynamically add FeatureTable to custom widget

Jump to solution
12-17-2015 01:11 PM
AndyWright
Occasional Contributor

I'm brand spanking new to the Web AppBuilder and am trying to develop a custom widget designed like the bottom half of the image shown below.  I need a FeatureTable in the top 50% of the widget, and then a tab set with 3 tabs on the bottom half of the widget with a FeatureTable in each of the tabs.

I've been able to get the general UI design to appear in my custom widget, but I can't for the life of me get the FeatureTable objects to appear.  I have populated the tables from their corresponding feature layers, as I've seen that data in the Chrome Developer Tools console window.  I am able to get this set up and working with the Javascript API, but I'd obviously like to take advantage of all the free bells and whistles the Web AppBuilder provides.

Does anyone have a code example they can post or can anyone point me in the direction of a custom widget that has an AttributeTable in it as I haven't found one yet.  I feel like I'm overlooking something obvious and since I'm a little green with this stuff I'm sure I am.  Thanks in advance for the help.

mockup.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andy,

Here is a quick update to the code I provided earlier with the fix from ZeZheng and table re-sizing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Andy,

I would move this to Web AppBuilder Custom Widgets​ and have you seen this great resource:

Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List

0 Kudos
AndyWright
Occasional Contributor

Rickey,

Thanks for the advice. I moved it to the custom widgets forums. The link you sent looks like a great resource. I’ll start plowing into that …

Andy

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andy,

Are you using the _WidgetsInTemplateMixin require?

'dijit/_WidgetsInTemplateMixin',

_WidgetsInTemplateMixin,

return declare([BaseWidget, _WidgetsInTemplateMixin], {

0 Kudos
AndyWright
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

Yes I am.  As a matter of fact I am using your Identify Widget as a starting point.  So I've raped and pillaged a bit to get the UI looking the way I want.  I just can't get a FeatureTable to show up.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andy,

I am finding the same issue and looking at the fact that the Attribute Table Widget uses a custom _featureTable.js class and not the JS API FeatureTable class leads me to wonder if there is some incompatibility as I am receiving this error:

error.jpg

0 Kudos
AndyWright
Occasional Contributor

That's not good news.  Can anyone at Esri comment on this and/or suggest a workaround?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andy,

I do get the table to show in the widget (empty though). It bombs when loading the data with the error about the dgrid column hider.

error.jpg

Junshan Liu​ Here is a simple test case widget that shows the dgrid column hider error. Is there something I and others are missing?

0 Kudos
ZeZhengLi
Esri Contributor

Robert,

It seems that the second parameter you assign to `FeatureTable` must be an id of an element.

VCLBA040YKOS63{5)PW[$9X.png

N$13]U)TVSW66ZZ}{5JPL_1.png

I think this is a bug of `FeatureTable`, so I suggest you provide an unique id as the second parameter of `FeatureTable` every time you want to create a new FeatureTable.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andy,

Here is a quick update to the code I provided earlier with the fix from ZeZheng and table re-sizing.

0 Kudos