Directions Widgets Issue

Jump to solution
09-28-2019 10:57 PM
MuhammadAli6
New Contributor II

I have a road network which i published on ArcGIS portal. The road network is working fine on ArcMap and when i published it is working fine using ArcGIS Rest API directly (.../RoadNetwork/NAServer/Route/).

I am having issues while configuring the directions widget  in Webappbuilder (2.13 or before).

I have two questions

1.   Travel Mode URL is giving me suggestion to add a GP Service why should i use a GP Service when i have the option to retrieve travel mode using ArcGIS rest API (..../RoadNetwork/NAServer/Route/retrieveTravelModes/) does this mean i have to publish a GP Service ?

2.   When i configure the widget and run the directions i am getting following error in console.

What i am doing wrong ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MuhammadAli6
New Contributor II

The problem is resolved now and I would like to share the solution so i am answering my own question.

So the issue was i was getting wrong travel modes from my service itself and since these travel modes were not actually defined in my network so they were causing this issue.

I was getting wrong travel modes due to the face i am running this on a ArcGIS portal where we had a default setting due to which the travel modes were getting overridden with the actual ones which i defined.

I have to remove the default settings of portal (Under Organization -> Utility Services -> Directions and Routing -> Routing Utilities URL)

Now when I removed this from our staging portal I am getting the correct travel modes and the widget is working as well.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MuhammadAli6
New Contributor II

The problem is resolved now and I would like to share the solution so i am answering my own question.

So the issue was i was getting wrong travel modes from my service itself and since these travel modes were not actually defined in my network so they were causing this issue.

I was getting wrong travel modes due to the face i am running this on a ArcGIS portal where we had a default setting due to which the travel modes were getting overridden with the actual ones which i defined.

I have to remove the default settings of portal (Under Organization -> Utility Services -> Directions and Routing -> Routing Utilities URL)

Now when I removed this from our staging portal I am getting the correct travel modes and the widget is working as well.