Select to view content in your preferred language

Dead End : eSearch Not Loading Anything

3810
9
Jump to solution
05-27-2016 09:42 AM
BrianO_keefe
Regular Contributor II

I'm developing a Web App for Collisions in Tulsa.

I built the MXD. It uses a Query Layer that pulls from some Oracle DB's.

I Shared the MXD as a REST Service.

I built an AGOL map using that REST Service.

I built a WAB App using that AGOL Map.

I added in the eSearch widget ( the one published on 23MAY ).

( thanks to creator Robert Scheitlin, GISP​ )

Configured it with my REST Service.

I'm getting nothing...

ArcGIS Web Application

There is the link to the sandbox version of it.

I spent more than a few hours yesterday trying to figure it out. I'm at a loss. About to go back to the early version of the eSearch.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

  There seems to be some issue with your map service when it comes to that particular date field. Here is what I am seeing:

This query using your map service REST endpoint works fine (returns 24 records)

INCIDENT_START_DATE BETWEEN timestamp '5/13/2016 00:00:00' AND timestamp '5/13/2016 23:59:59'

This one using the date date returns no results.

TPD_COLLISION_DATEBEGIN BETWEEN timestamp '5/13/2016 00:00:00' AND timestamp '5/13/2016 23:59:59'

Actually I can not get any TPD_COLLISION_DATEBEGIN query to work.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Brian,

I get data when I select by shape.

This is my map for Traffic accidents for my city. ( I cannot share webmap because the map is private)

But here is a screen shot. The user can filter by everything but day all at once.

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe
Regular Contributor II

*pinching the bridge of my nose*

Ok... I'm getting something back from there as well. So search by shape works... but nothing in regular searching?!

So confused... I think I'm MORE confused now than I was before... lol

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Brian,

I think you are doing your widget set up wrong. I go it to work using your data.

What does your widget search layer look like?

This is WAB 2.0

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe
Regular Contributor II

Technically now I get double eSearch options when trying to re-add the widget...

2016-05-27_141953.png

I feel like I'm falling in the rabbit hole...

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

One option is to delete them both, re-import the widget after a fresh download and then start a new project.

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe
Regular Contributor II

That's the thing. In the actual FOLDERS in Windows Explorer, there is only one... But when I go to add a widget... there are two.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

That is strange.

I would delete the one folder and re-add download it.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

  There seems to be some issue with your map service when it comes to that particular date field. Here is what I am seeing:

This query using your map service REST endpoint works fine (returns 24 records)

INCIDENT_START_DATE BETWEEN timestamp '5/13/2016 00:00:00' AND timestamp '5/13/2016 23:59:59'

This one using the date date returns no results.

TPD_COLLISION_DATEBEGIN BETWEEN timestamp '5/13/2016 00:00:00' AND timestamp '5/13/2016 23:59:59'

Actually I can not get any TPD_COLLISION_DATEBEGIN query to work.

BrianO_keefe
Regular Contributor II

That was totally it...

0 Kudos