DD/MM/YY date format

10-26-2015 01:31 PM
SuzyBrunzell
New Contributor

It’s been a few weeks since I emailed and appreciate the enhancements that you made based on our struggles.  I am now out of a prototype hosted data scenario and have data up on ArcGIS server (it took a while for others to get the processing coded).  Working with new data, I am still having trouble with querying date fields.  I suspect it is because we have a format not available in your widget.  We are writing date data from Oracle in the following format: DD/MM/YY.  See the following mapservice:  http://gisrevprxy.seattle.gov/arcgis/rest/services/SDOT_EXT/DSG_datasharing/MapServer/9.

Is there any way possible that you can add this date format to your widget for us?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Suzy,

I need to see the config_Enhanced Search.json file from your app.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Suzy,

I got your data to working in the eSearch just fine searching on PROJECT_START field.

0 Kudos
SuzyBrunzell
New Contributor

Robert,

Thank you for your help. I am sure it is just a minor setting error on my end if you are able to get it to work. I’ve set a single simple query with PROJECT_START is after 27/10/15.

Suzy Brunzell

O: 206.684.7961

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Suzy,

OK, your issue is that you put "PROJECT_START in DD/MM/YY format" in the defention expression box when configuring the widget.

I have updated my help documentation recently to help with peoples confusion of what is valid for the definition expression:

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | Help - Enhanced Search widget | Definition Expression

0 Kudos