Customize Layer List Widget

02-19-2018 07:30 AM
PabloIzquierdo1
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to create a custom layer list for my WAB dev edition, I would like to allow our users to:

• Layer grouping –  layer list into categories and sub-categories (environment / development / user generated) – particularly highlighting user generated layers – i.e. results of analysis, or imported layers – at the moment these layers are pushed to top of the list – users can be unaware of this.
  • Drag and drop on the layer list – the ability to quickly change the order to layers.
  • Click anywhere on the primary layer labels to select / unselect data layers – at the moment there is a tick box selection would be nice for the user if the whole text/bar click on/off for layers.
  • Colour customization – allowing users to change colours of specifically selected assets, or entire layers would be useful. 
  • Toggle labels on/off – in some cases these labels can be overwhelming it would be very useful to allow to toggle labels on and off. And to go further - allowing users to customization labels by any attribute field would be even better, i.e. to show a different field as a label.

Thanks in advance,

Pablo

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree with all of these, very excellent suggestions. I'll discuss with Moxie again this week.  These, plus allowing TOC to show partial checkbox, and turn a layer on even if in a group that is not on, in one click. Metadata boxes like my custom widget for the Show Layer Details would be nice too.