Custom Widget: Individual Layers?

06-18-2015 03:33 PM
TejpalKang
New Contributor

Hi all,

My first post here!  Just wanted to see if there is a way to setup custom widgets where each widget basically selects an assigned layer.

Very similar to the layer list widget but instead of showing a list of layers it would be individual widgets that opens a select layer.

Thank you all.  If I am posting in the wrong area please let me know.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tejpal, actually ​Web AppBuilder Custom Widgets   would actually be a better location for this question. Moving Content​  will give instructions for that.

I dont think I have seen a widget that does what you are asking. I try to maintain Web AppBuilder Developer Edition – Customization Resource List​ so you may want to look thru those widgets to see if something will work, or can be tweaked to work.

TejpalKang
New Contributor

Thanks Rebecca.

I have moved the thread to there.  And that resource list is fantastic.

0 Kudos
TejpalKang
New Contributor

Has anybody seen a widget that can do this?  Or know how to modify the layer list widget to do this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tejpal,

Can you explain in more detail? What would the widgets do exactly? Just turn on and off the layer?...

0 Kudos
TejpalKang
New Contributor

Yes essentially several widgets on the top bar, one for each layer.  Clicking the widget would turn on the layer and clicking it again would turn it off.

The main thing would be having each widget correspond to an assigned layer.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tejpal,

Let me see what I can come up with.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-nPjmTqDWzxCP
New Contributor II

Robert,

We are looking for a similar tool that can be configured for individual or group map service layers...any thoughts where I could look?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Remi,

Sorry to say that I did look into this briefly and did not find this as something that would be easy to build a widget for that would be configurable so I did not look any further. I don't have any advice at this time.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-nPjmTqDWzxCP
New Contributor II

That's important to know as well...really appreciate.

0 Kudos