create an advanced print widget with additional calculations

Jump to solution
11-28-2017 11:45 AM
AhnaMiller2
Occasional Contributor

I am looking for a way to create something like the print PLUS widget that also will regard wither a filter or what is in the frame of the print and make a calculation based on the data visible and put the output of the calculation on the print out. For example, we have fields of fruit. If our map is zoomed to only show an apple and an orange grove, I would like my printed map to calculate (from a sum of acreage column in the data) and show that I have 12 acres of orange trees and 6 acres of apple trees. 

Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌ would you be interested in doing some side work? It's a fast approaching deadline (looking to get this in before 2018)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Juan_ManuelAngel
Esri Contributor

I recomend you dont use print widget, try this tutorial of report, you can print the exten and then you cant use de JavaScript API to make de query and the proces and then print the Report in a pdf.

Creating a Custom Widget for Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS using the Report Class | ArcGIS Blog 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ahna,

Sorry I do not do any side development work.

0 Kudos
AhnaMiller2
Occasional Contributor

understandable, thanks robert!

0 Kudos
Juan_ManuelAngel
Esri Contributor

I recomend you dont use print widget, try this tutorial of report, you can print the exten and then you cant use de JavaScript API to make de query and the proces and then print the Report in a pdf.

Creating a Custom Widget for Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS using the Report Class | ArcGIS Blog 

AhnaMiller2
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Juan, this is really helpful! Great recommendation!

0 Kudos